Friday 18 April 2014

D.I.S.C.O.

Time for some D.I.S.C.O!

We haven't had some cheesey music for a while; I crave some boogie-ing around the kitchen whilst the dog looks at me bemusedly, and do I detect a hint of pity?






Music: Spotify playlist.  Starting with D.I.S.C.O. in English and then in French (because that's how we roll).  Some good tracks, some you just can't stop boogie-ing to.

Cocktail: Disco Fizz

Ingredients

0.5 Measure De Kuyper Blue CuraƧao
Top up Piper Champagne
1 Measure Pineapple Juice
1 Dash Lemon Juice
0.5 Measure Elderflower Cordial

Wow, is this green.  But it tasted good, the elderflower is particularly lovely.  A good spring/summer drink.

I would ditch the blue curacao and just use triple sec, for a more grown up, less vivid, version.
"Round like a record" Sirloin in a Pitta Bread EP

He battered the steak so it was circular, served with homemade relish and in a round pitta bread.

The steak was lovely, the pitta bread being wholemeal was too "OMG, look at me" and overpowered the other ingredients.

His relish was pretty good, peppers and tomatoes, quite piquant.




And here is Ian with his meat hammer.



No comments:

Post a Comment