Friday 13 December 2013

Duets

This week we're looking at foods that go hand in hand and music where a couple of people are duetting.

Off the top of my head I can only think of duets being a cheesy thing to do and can't think of anyone cool who has partnered up.  I hope to be surprised.






















Music: Spotify playlist.

Duets seem to bring out the cheese in people.  There's some classics, and some overplayed numbers.  And some welcome throwbacks (I've Had the Time of My Life, one of those songs that instantly transports you back to buried memories).

I pillaged the Daily Telegraph top 50 duets.
Cocktail: Brown Sugar Flip x 2

Tenuous link here in that there are two.  Hmmm.  This popped up in my Facebook feed as a cocktail for the Christmas period.

For the syrup: 
40g brown sugar
50ml water

For the drink:
50ml brown sugar syrup
50ml bourbon or rye
A dash of angostura bitters
1 whole egg

The syrup was quickly cooled down by dunking the saucepan into a bowl of ice.  This was a really nice drink.  Super sweet, but like a good version of an egg nog (which is not my favourite thing).  Thumbs up.

Crab and avocado duet

A beautifully simple combo, and so lovely.  The colours are gorgeous and the texture and taste contrast are excellent.

Salmon Duet Tagliatelle

Really tasty.  Salmon and broccoli went well together and was a nommable pasta dish.

Worth a revisit.


No comments:

Post a Comment